Monday, January 25, 2010

3D

So my previous 3D movie experience has been limited to those dorky plastic glasses that you can tear out of a magazine and then on TV they have something that they say is 3D but really doesn't feel all that 3D. And then this summer we took the girls of Bryn Mawr to see G-Force, that Guinea pig movie, in 3D. And yeah, it was more 3D than before, but still, it was G-Force. I'm sure there is only so much you can do with a movie about talking, fighting, special-forces, Government agent, Guinea pigs.

We went to see Avatar yesterday in 3D. And the glasses weren't the plastic kind--they were pretty heavy-duty. They were so heavy-duty that my ears hurt by the end of the movie because of those monstrosities resting on them. But they worked much better than any other 3D glasses I've worn. And by blogging about this I am showing just how much of a nerd I really am, because I had the best time in that movie. Not necessarily the message part, which was basically Ferngully meets Pocahontas, or even the fact that Sam Worthington was one of the major leads, but because it felt like I was there. Yep, I'm a nerd. I buy into the whole experience. And I really liked feeling like they were right in front of me, even more so than on a screen.

And yes, I returned the glasses.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.