Saturday, September 29, 2007

Casper Adventures

And I am back!
Not yet unpacked, but the boxes are in my room, so that is a start.
Kaelan was so happy to see us! He came running into the house yelling my name and gave us hugs all the way around. We are having fun. He has quite the imagination, which I must admit I love about him, and we are fending off 'crocadoggles' by the dozens! That is crocodile, to the layperson. We are learning that if you hit their snouts, they don't want to bite your feet. Also, the red and yellow ones are the most persistent and can pop out of nowhere! What was once a 'crocadoggle' free zone can be swarming within seconds. It's been pretty intense, but we're surviving and even flourishing, which all 'crocadoggle' hunters tend to do, for mysterious reasons.
We have great plans to go bike riding and to visit the waterfall and eat lots of popcorn.
I will start my job search soon, as soon as I get everything unpacked. I have a few things to pick up today, such as a reading lamp--mine has been drafted into service at my parents' house, which means that I need a new one.
Mom brought Kaelan his own cell phone, complete with camera--it is very fake, but the camera button makes a realistic camera-noise, which suffices for an almost-3 year old. He has been taking pictures by the dozens! Most of them, strangely enough, are of our shoes...
And he's been talking to Brandt every 5 seconds on the phone. Apparently, Brandt crashed his firetruck and needs to fix it, or possibly buy a new one--this is all according to Kaelan, keep in mind. I'll have to tell Brandt this story. He'll get a kick out of it.
We went to an Alpaca open house today and petted and fed the Alpacas. Kaelan was more impressed with a trio of baying hound dogs. We howled along with them until they were really worked up. It was a good time.
Now to fit time to unpack amidst the many 'crocadoggle' attacks...

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.