Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Slack Line!

I finally got my slack line. I purchased the component parts while I was in Casper, but never got around to putting it up there. Kaelan bugged me for days to put it up so he could try it. He didn't even know what slack lining was, but he knew the word. Anyway, Dad and I put it up here and it took us a couple tries. I had never put one up by myself. Finally, though, we found a good spot that wasn't a military base for mosquitos, and put it up. Dad put one foot on it and said "No, I'm going to break a hip". So I hopped up. I haven't done it for about a month, so it was tricky at first, but then it's like your body remembers what it feels like and it gets smoother and smoother. I can do 3 steps again! I can also sit cross-legged. Mom came out and tried it--same story as Dad. I still think I can get them to try it. Maybe if I lower it? Brandt called me from Helena and said he'd come home and try it with me. He's on Kelly days right now, which means he doesn't have shifts at the station, he just teaches ARF at the airport. That stands for airport rescue something or other, and he teaches it for the fire school. I'll have to raise it up for Brandt, because my hip level will be about at his knee.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.