Friday, December 14, 2007

Ambitions

There is nothing happening today at work. In fact, I'm the only one here. Kamil is gone for the weekend and Tiff is mom-sitting, as her mother just had knee surgery. I have decided that since there is nothing going on--I did everything yesterday, just so I could have all of Friday to relax--I am going to start reading The Satanic Verses, by Salman Rushdie. I'm pretty excited about it. It's only been sitting on my bookshelf for a year or better. Sheesh.
I also just heard an ad on the radio saying that for 40 bucks you get a one-hour snowboarding lesson plus all your rental equipment and lift ticket for the day at Hogodon on Saturday. Hmmm...I have always wanted to do that, as well. My knee is feeling good these days, strong. I should give it a go. I'll have to see what's going on. Weekends are too short lately, have you noticed that?
We have cocoa dusted Belgian truffles sitting on the counter here. My goal is to not eat the entire box. Those things are amazing!
I just received some sad news--Charlotte, my camp 'mom', fellow GL, and very dear friend, is not coming back for summer 2008. I'm pretty saddened by that. Heather already won't be there, so I was counting on Charlotte. Now I'll be all alone! My new ambition, in light of this tragic news, is to have a wonderful summer anyway!
I have encountered a snag in my book. I called my friend Caryn up and she helped me brainstorm last night, but ultimately, I think I'm just going to have to let it sit for a couple days until I can get things straightened out and look at it with fresh eyes.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.