Thursday, February 21, 2008

Coconuts

Kamil recently went to Florida on a trip--which was a blissful 3 days, I might add. Anyway, upon his return he brought me two coconuts! That was the coolest present ever. I've never had a coconut before when you have to crack it open--in this case we drilled it open and stuck a straw inside. Kaelan was very much into it, but I wasn't too sold. I suppose if you're dying of thirst on a desert island and you find a coconut it's very refreshing, but just by itself, I wasn't impressed. Still, it was a cool present and I felt very interesting carrying them around after work.
Still nothing on the book front. To be honest, I have hit a severe case of writer's block and I am becoming increasingly frustrated. I can write in dribs and drabs, but nothing solid and nothing too mind-blowing. I have another writer's meeting tonight at the library, so I'm hoping to either get ideas or motivation. I'm so close!! I just have to push through.
We are having beautiful February weather currently--no wind and sunshine! It's amazing. Yesterday I took Kaelan to the park and we went down all the slides and climbed all the ladders. That kid is getting so big! We had to cut the outing short as he had to use the potty, but we raced and kicked some rocks on the way back so it was all ok.
Kameron is a chunky monkey! I swear all that kid does is eat. He's going to be huge. My arm is sore today from rocking him last night. Kat was at school and he wouldn't sleep without being held. I guess I don't have baby-holding muscles. I'll need to develop those.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.