Monday, February 11, 2008

Monster Trucks and Wind

We took Kaelan to the Monster Trucks Winter Nationals this last Saturday night. Is it just me, or have those things gotten smaller over the years? And they only crushed like four cars, sheesh. It has definitely become a hype entertainment that promises but doesn't deliver, like pro-wrestling. I don't think they were that worried about them breaking back when I was a kid. But then again, perhaps I just didn't pay attention and everything seems bigger when you're small.
Kaelan thoroughly enjoyed it, however, and I must say, it was loud. My ears actually lost hearing when they'd rev the engine. I did have ear plugs, but did not use them. So when I officially go deaf later in life, I have only myself to blame.
It is so blasted windy here! All the time! I went to church yesterday and opted to not wear a jean skirt--I've been wearing a jean skirt because it doesn't blow up on the way in. The church is right on the edge of the freaking prairie, so there is nothing to block the wind. Anyway, I decided that I'd wear something else and if I flashed the entire parking lot, so be it. Luckily, my skirt had some weight to it and did not blow up in the air but plastered itself to my knees instead.
And yet another weekend has come and gone.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.