Thursday, January 31, 2008

Heading into February


I attended a writer's group meeting at the library here, oh, two weeks ago. It was vastly different than I pictured, for the main reason that it was all old people--older than my parents, at least. And none of them were even entertaining trying to get published, so when I gave my background, they spent almost the entire meeting wanting to ask me questions and talk about my work. I appreciated the interest, but I was hoping for more people to talk and share their work as well so maybe I could learn something. And then I think I met one of the most annoying people ever--top five, at least. Luckily, he left early. Definitely a yellow skittle.

February is here and I haven't finished my book. (Panicked face) Actually, I think I'm just getting resigned to the fact that I can't rush this project and I'll be glad later that I didn't try. It is definitely longer than I had originally planned--we're pushing on 500 pages now and I'm not sure when I'll be at the end. Soon, that much I can say, but I don't really know how it will end. I'm sure that will come to me, the nearer I get. Inspiration always strikes.

Kameron is getting big! He's very wiggly and very squeaky--so we call him Squeaker. He has the longest torso and short little hobbit legs in comparison, but hopefully he'll grow into those things.

Kaelan and I have been hanging out every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoon to give Kat a bit of a break from having a 3-yr old and an infant. We've been chalking up some pretty great adventures and tonight we made up our very own 'bad guy' handshake. He told me that for tomorrow's big hang out time we should go be 'bad guys' at Target. Does that mean we'll be shoplifting? I think his idea of the afternoon more likely entails riding around in a cart that I push while drinking lemonade and ogling Transformers and Hotwheels. Perhaps we'll scowl fiercely at passers-by, thus earning us the 'bad guy' label.

Whatever we end up doing, I'm sure it will be both memorable and very adventurous. Kaelan is one of the most fun people I've ever hung out with, and he's 3.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.