Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Scary Movies

I rented some movies over the weekend and for some reason--I don't know why, I guess there was a moment of bravery? Or stupidity. Or just delusion that I enjoy scary movies. Anyway, I rented 28 Weeks Later, the sequel to 28 Days Later. I watched the first one when it came out in the movie theater and regretted that extremely when it came time to go to sleep. This time I figured I could watch it.
I waited until the very last possibly day before I had to take it back, and I watched it during the daylight, with my lights on. And you know what? It wasn't that bad! There were a few cringe moments, sure, and I must say, people in horror movies act incredibly stupid. But I doubt I'll have nightmares! And why do they give you a character that you get all attached to and is cute and being all hero-ish and then go and set him on fire with a flame thrower? I did not like that.
Still, I'm not a fan of scary movies. Unless it's a good werewolf movie, and then I'll have guaranteed nightmares but I'm addicted to werewolf movies. They are the scariest of all horror monsters and my biggest phobia, but I have to watch every single one and read the books just to prove to myself I can. Face your fear and all that.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.