Sunday, March 22, 2009

New World

I have finally done it....

I have finally changed the guns my character uses in my book, Gallia. Actually, I mainly changed her number 1 gun from a Beretta 96 to a Kahr P40. I had a little help, of course. Not actually being much of a gun-nut myself, I tend to go on looks for the guns my characters use. However, I have been in touch with Dan quite a bit since he finished reading my book and through much research have come to see the error in my ways. Not only is the Kahr P40 quite the concealed carry gun, it probably shoots better than a Beretta 96 too.

It was hard to break out of my rut--she's used the same gun since I started writing this thing, way back in my sophomore year of college. It was hard to replace it. Writing Beretta had become part of her character. I guess now the P40 will have to become part of her character.

Anyhow, I am going to be sending my book out to yet another round of agents. There are sooooo many out there. One of them is bound to see it for what it is, right?

1 comment:

mtduckgirl said...

Yes!!! They will. Someone will snatch it up and then... the rest will be history or the future... or something. Anyway congrats on the gun change and good luck!

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.