Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rambo I Am Not

It was a beautiful sunny day here in Casper, so we loaded up and drove behind Casper mountain to shoot guns with Dan. He's kind of the 'gun-nut' who happens to be a complete guru about most things gun related, so he is the perfect person to go shooting with, in my opinion. I have a cross-dominate eye, which means even though I'm right handed my left eye is my most dominant. This is a complete pain in the butt when I am attempting to aim. However, I did manage to hit a few targets!

I got to shoot a couple hand guns that I have always wanted to try and a couple other guns--and Dan showed us silenced .22 bullets. They were amazing!

Kameron ate dirt, rocks, and even tried to eat a few shell casings so he was having a good time. Kaelan played with his cars and trucks so he had a good time. The rest of us got to try out Dan's different guns and learn what was what and which was where. My biggest problem is that holding a gun does not come natural to me, so it's hard to know where to put my hands. I think in time that will change. Research, you know, for my book!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.