Thursday, October 11, 2007

Beginning of Competence?

I have been working at Precision Prosthetics and Orthotics for 3 days now, and today, I finally felt like I am getting the hang of it! Well, parts of it. I successfully navigated my way through the file drawer, through a patient file, and the fax machine! I know, who doesn't know how to fax? Or make instant coffee? Me, sadly. Those skills were never part of my repertoire.
Kamil is out of town today and tomorrow, so it is just me here today. We get more people coming in because they can't find another office somewhere, and I am no help in that department, Casper roads remaining a secret to me.
I will admit, I was bored today. A bunny rabbit hopped to the front door and twitched his nose at me a couple times. That was the highlight.
Still, I am beginning to feel a smidgen of confidence, at long last! Starting a new job is such a pain in the beginning. Until you get the hang of it, it's pretty much misery.
It is almost 5, so I am going to do all my closing duties and get out of here!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.