Monday, October 01, 2007

An Evening with Elton John

I must say, Elton John really rocks out when he gets going.
Our seats were good--you could see him and we weren't 29 rows up, which is always a plus. We weren't on the floor, but that was ok. I hate when people stand through the entire concert, so it was nice to be able to sit. We brought the binos just because, and that meant you could see him very clearly, even if it was a little stalkerish. He was wearing a diamond in his ear that was absolutely huge! Very sparkly outfit altogether.
It was ridiculously loud in there. I guess because I've only been to country concerts...I don't know. But my ears were ringing within 20 minutes and then everything sort of muted down to a dull roar, so when we left every sound was muffled. It seems to be back to normal this morning, though.
I recognized more than half the songs, but the music was so loud you couldn't hear him singing! You got the idea of him singing, but the words didn't translate very well.
My favorite was watching all those die-hard Elton fans. They were very amusing. Some of them would reach out with both arms, like they were going to touch his hand, but they were in the back of the arena! It was great. I loved when the lighters came out! Some enterprising people used cell phones to sway with.
It was fun. When will I ever likely see Elton John again? Probably never. He gives a good concert, even if it was so loud your ears protest by shutting down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.