Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Musings

I was able to leave work early today--we have 3 receptionists, a boss who expects us to be busy the entire time we are there, and not enough work to keep us that way. So, I bowed out for the afternoon, as I was there all day yesterday. I think we have decided, in the interest of not going stir-crazy in that office with Kamil, that we will take turns spending all day. My schedule is going to be Tuesdays and Thursdays all day, and the rest only half a day. Today, however, it is Fall break at the college, so Jenny could be there all day.
I was thinking yesterday, as I was entering vendors into our ever-confusing P&O software, that I am so not cut out for an office job. I was bored out of my mind. Granted, I am a fast typer, otherwise I wouldn't have finished until the middle of next week, but holy buckets. It is interesting, don't get me wrong. But hassling with insurance and Medicare and doctors? Yikes. Besides, I would rather be jumping out of airplanes or diving with sharks--in a cage, of course.
Maybe someday I'll be paid to read! That would be my dream job.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.