Monday, May 11, 2009

I Would Run Off With Spock

First of all, let me just say that I am not a die-hard Trekkie. That being said, I was down with the idea of a prequel coming out to Star Trek. I've grown up on the Star Trek movies--we watched the original television show, the remade television show, and all the movies, both with Captain Kirk and Picard. I didn't differentiate between any of them--they were all good.

The new one, though, was pretty fantastic. Let me list the reasons! First of all, they managed to make Spock sexy. Who knew that could be done? Of course James Tiberius Kirk was sexy, that's a given. And Karl Urban as Bones??? Be still my heart. Enough with the fact that most of the male leads were totally hot--although can I just say it's such a bummer they grow up to look like their counterparts?? Leonard Nemoy is not sexy, and neither is William Shatner. Anyway, I really enjoyed the fact that they kept the basic costumes, and I completely dug all the shots of 'rural' Iowa with the futuristic, space-tech thing going on at the same time. And a big shout out to the guy they found to play George Kirk who really resembled his son.

I also really enjoyed the fact that they didn't tow my car while I was at the movies today.

1 comment:

nikki said...

haha, loved this post. i loved the movie and yeah, they did a great job with spock. i also commented on the movie in my blog, wishing that egyptians appreciated the magnitude of the movie - and the spock hand sign

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.