Saturday, May 30, 2009

Look Ma, No Brakes!

Ok, so the title is flippant--the situation kinda wasn't. My brakes have been making a squealing noise for a couple weeks now. My dad told me I need to get new ones. I asked Kurt where to go and he said he would do it for me--being a nice big brother, right?--and it would be way cheaper. So I took it to his shop today with the boys, because I am watching them for the day. Kurt put my new brake pads on and all was well. Until I went to back out of the shop. Pretty much I had no brakes and was speeding backwards toward a pickup and a fence and I don't know all what because I stopped looking. Kurt was yelling for me to pump the brakes and I was pumping like crazy with no effect. I'm sure my face looked pretty hilarious--wide-eyed, mouth open, kinda like a fish. And finally, right before we crashed into the back of a pickup we were stopped by an obliging trailer hitch that took one for the team and stopped my car by jamming itself between the door and the back tire. We jolted to a stop. Kurt and Mick and whoever else were there were laughing hilariously. I was not laughing--I was too much in shock. However, there is no damage to either the nice trailer or my car, so that is cool. And I will forever ask what the possibility is that my brakes won't work for the first little while. They are working quite well now, thank you for asking. I think it was funny...or at least I will tomorrow maybe.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.