Friday, September 18, 2009

Slack

I took my slack line to the park tonight and set it up while the boys played and Kat read a book for class. Dan came too and we practiced. I had it set up really loose and wobbly, because I figured if I could walk it on there I could walk it anywhere. And guess what?? I can! It was the coolest feeling, to sway all over the place and still be able to walk it. Then we set it up super-low to the ground so that Dan could get on and try to teach his leg muscles to stabilize. Just get the feel for the rope. And he was doing it! It was so cool. And then I learned that I can walk it low, too! It was a good time. It was such a high. I didn't want to leave. And then we realized it was 7 and the boys were starving.

I can't explain the way it feels to suddenly know you can walk that thing--and to know that I finally have a marketable circus skill! It is the biggest rush. I never wanted to quit. More later, definitely.

1 comment:

mtduckgirl said...

That is way cool!

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.