Sunday, September 27, 2009

Adventures In Outlaw Country

Outlaw Canyon!
Checking out the pictographs

The cave where Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid hid out.


Today we drove to Outlaw Canyon, outside of Kaycee. It was the coolest place I've been in a long time! I brought my slack line but I didn't ever put it up. It was windy and wonderful there. We made hotdogs and hamburgers--well, antelope burgers, I guess they were. Dan and Juanita brought those. Then we took many pictures and explored everything. There wasn't time to go down into the canyon to find the cave that Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid hid out in. That we'll save for another time, when we don't have a 4-yr old and a 1-yr old along. Then we went to the pictograph cave and looked at that. I was fascinated by the cool rock formations--little bumpies all over the rock, like warts, or softballs sticking out of the surface. All in all, it was pretty cool. It might be my new favorite place.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.