Monday, September 07, 2009

Vacation Wonderland

My parents rented a house on Echo Lake, near Bigfork, MT. So the whole family was there for one glorious week--very stress-free, if you don't count Kameron getting a cold and being extremely grumpy the whole time. Ashlie couldn't make it, with it only being her second week of teaching kindergarten, but Brandt came down for a couple days. We had some good times jumping off the dock, staying up late playing games, and going golfing. I haven't golfed since I dislocated my wrist doing it a few years ago, but I tried again. I golfed a sucky 61 the first time, and then the second time we went I golfed a 48! It was pretty sweet. I think I've got the golfing bug again.
The boys and I by the water--we wore our pjs a lot. Hey, we're on vacation, right?

Taking the paddleboat for a spin--Easter came with us.


I set up my slack line while we were there and left it up all week, which was so much fun. I even made it all the way across!!! A new personal record. I haven't quite gotten the turn and start back move yet, but I am sure that will also be the next thing to happen. Walking it felt so steady after two tries of it. Part of the first walk across--Dad got the beginning at least.
We took Kaelan to the waterslides. For the first time ever, I got stuck on the waterslides! Does that mean I'm getting old?? No, maybe my suit wasn't made out of slippy material. There were a couple fat ladies who were bombing down those things. I went fast when I was in the tubes, but then it was almost too fast. I don't know. I guess maybe I'll just chalk it up to not having a slippy suit on, and not being fat enough to go super-fast, and that the waterslides are getting old.

And now...I packed up my stuff and made the horrid drive back to Casper today. I go back to work in the morning. I am more than a little unsure about that situation right now, as I sit here. I miss camp!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.