Thursday, October 01, 2009

My Bow!

I got my bow! It is 64 inches long and has a 25 pound draw. In addition to that, it is beautiful and shoots like a dream. I took it to Dan's tonight and he showed me how to string it and then we took it out to the target and started practicing. It took me a couple shots to get the feel of it, but once I did it was awesome. I am working on the mechanics of shooting--doing the same things everytime. The hardest for me is to get my pointer finger to the corner of my mouth and then instead of letting go to stop holding on--yes, there is a difference. Letting go involves my hand flying out into space. So the few times I managed to stop holding on, I had the bow drawn back too far and I got a wicked fletching burn on my face. Not fun. And then it was too cold to continue. But I'm excited to see what else I can do with this thing. My bow is also, incidentally, an oldster. 1950s or thereabouts. I did a little research online.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.