Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blindfolded

This morning we did team-building again--and this year I was once more the blindfolded one. Last summer I didn't mind so much because I could kind of see out of the blindfold and it wasn't as scary having to walk on plastic lids and up on benches and across boards and swing across a rope. This summer? They got much better blindfolds.

I did not like it one little bit. I was always just standing there, superfluous, until someone moved me or remembered to explain what they were doing at that moment. The only picture I had in my head was what I remembered seeing of the set-up before they blindfolded me, so that didn't help much. A little, but not much. Have you ever tried to ask someone something when you can't see them to know if they are listening? Usually I just asked and hoped someone would answer me. I must admit, they did take pretty good care of me. I never fell off of anything and I never was shoved or forgotten. The rope swing was the worst. Joe moved me to the rope and just kind of shoved me off. Being on the bench wasn't too fun, either. We had to walk on the bench and get into some kind of order--height, I believe it was. At one point I had to get down and hug the bench so someone could step over me because they couldn't fit past. Yet again, I never fell off.

And so, that having ended--our team was just positive we were winning, until they pointed out that it wasn't a race. Ooops. Anyway, once I took off my blindfold I had trouble with my eyes adjusting. I had to keep blinking and everything looked slightly blurry. Not a fan of being blindfolded. At least I can still see, right?

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.