Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Details

So I thought I was going to be able to finish blogging about my cruise with Mom last April--and that never happened. Sorry about that. Perhaps someday I will post some pictures.

As of right now, however, I am in Honesdale, PA, back for my 5th summer at Bryn Mawr! Yay! For once I didn't overpack, either. And my carry-on was relatively light, considering the past summers I haven't been able to carry everything.

The flight from Great Falls to Denver was so bumpy and turbulent I had my first episode of motion sickness on an airplane. I was pretty positive I was about to experience throwing up in one of those small, impractical paper bags that they have in all the seatback pockets. And I was not looking forward to it. In fact, I think throwing up wouldn't have been so bad--it was the fact that I had to do it in front of however many people. Gross! And to make matters worse, a guy behind me was throwing up and a girl in front of me was throwing up--and that sound does not do any favors for a person who is on the verge of throwing up anyway. The entire descent to Denver I was digging my fingernails into my arm, chanting "You are not going to throw up". And I didn't! My arm was pretty scratched up, though. I didn't mind the fact that we were tossing all over the place. My thoughts were so focused on not throwing up. It was pretty awful.

And I am now here!! I am still trying to get adjusted. There are so many new people. The good thing about us returners, though, is that we are all super-close, even with people that we weren't close with before. I guess that happens once you're a lifer.

I have my own room and a sink in there, so I am happy as can be. About to go on a mattress-stealing escapade, though, as I have a metal bed with broken springs and Bill put a board on there last summer for me and there are now 2 boards. Even with an egg crate I am in pain. I feel old. When I was younger, I could sleep on anything.

I am the Upper Junior GL this summer yet again--I love that position. And my co-GL is Jess Maas, who was the Lower Junior GL last summer. So I am thrilled to have someone that I like!

More later!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.