Thursday, June 17, 2010

List Time!

1. I am having a bed issue--bed was too hard, even with egg crate. Added another mattress and bed was too soft and I cannot sleep like a taco every night. It was so bad I didn't even need a pillow because my feet and my head were too elevated. Now I am trying the one mattress on the bottom, board in between, mattress on top approach. Wish me luck, cuz I have been stumbling around like a zombie for the past 4 days without enough sleep and at camp I NEED my sleep, the 5 hours I average a night.

2. Have I only been at camp for 4 days, not counting today???

3. Today we did a session with Bill regarding the gym and what our GL role is--this was mainly for the new GLs and the returning staff who haven't been a GL. At the end, Bill stands up and says that he is going to leave and that once he is gone I will then tell them how I manage him, because we have never had an issue and that he knows I must have some tricks that I can share. He leaves and everyone looks at me. My response? A shrug. Bill likes me and I have no idea why. I know people here that are just as competent as me and he doesn't talk about them like he does me. So either I'm completely blind to my own abilities--and I doubt it--or Bill just really likes me and that is all there is to it.

4. We went out for dinner tonight with all the GLs and the Division Heads. Good times.

5. Tomorrow the general staff arrive. I am going to be assigning lockers to those who need them. I am so happy I will not be going on the bus this summer. It was very tiring last summer.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.