Sunday, November 11, 2007

Agent!

They like it! I heard back on Wednesday night and they said they believe my book has commercial potential and that my writing is polished and also has potential. I was so excited when I heard that! Now I just have to finish my book. We are now in the process of getting it critiqued, I'll meet with my new agent, and we'll go from there! I hope that by this time next year I'll have it published!
My family was here from Wednesday night to this morning. It was absolutely fantastic. I loved having Brandt here especially. We don't get to hang out very much, so it was nice to spend some time with him. We went hiking to the waterfall and decided to go to the top the fast way--which entailed climbing directly up the waterfall. By the time we made it to the top, we were about 100 feet up and at least I was tired. The rock was all slippery and there was no place soft to land if we fell. My arms and legs were tired by the time we got to the top. Bouldering is hard work!
And now it is back to the everyday grind. However, I am hoping that once I really get into the book process I can quit where I'm at right now and get a very part-time job so that I can be home more often to work on it. After all, I do need to be committed to making this work! I need to be giving it my all. And making money...I've got some things to pay off and plane tickets to save up for.
I'm going back to Bryn Mawr this summer and then we are planning on going to Germany with Kurt and Kat. Very exciting!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Awesome!! Congratulations J!

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.