Sunday, May 18, 2008

Awesomeness

Yes, I know that isn't a word.
I spent the weekend in Estes Park, CO--and it was fabulous and exactly what I needed. I rolled into town about 5-ish on Friday night and immediately noticed that I look like I fit right in, with my rolled up jeans and my Chacos. Good times.
I went to Bryce's and got quite the surprise when he came out to meet me with 'I have a girlfriend, I didn't tell you, I'm sorry'. So that was super-stressful and awkward. I peaced out of that situation as soon as I could, and promptly got lost trying to find Eagle Rock, the school Heather works at.
Heather rescued me and we went to dinner with some of the other Fellows she works with. It was delightful--except I had a horrible headache, like blinding pain whenever I stood up. I'm sure it was both from driving for 4 hours and Bryce's little surprise.
Eagle Rock is amazing! It is so unconventionally high-school and everyone was nice there. Plus the campus us beautiful.
Heather and I went hiking into Rocky Mountain National Park on Saturday and took a 6.5 mile loop up to Cub Lake. It was incredibly beautiful. And my knee didn't hurt at all! Of course we took Jack and Blaine, because the boys deserve some fresh air once in a while. My hip was sore at the end.
Saturday night Heather and I went out to dinner with Bryce at some pizza place. Bryce and I shared a pizza--I let him pick because he was the hungry one, not me. He picked enchalada pizza that was extremely spicy, but not too bad. Then he and I went for a walk around town and played some serious Peyote tournament at some random park on this really sketchy picnic table. I was up by 1 game when the light finally died and we had to stop playing.
It was really nice. Of course we had the conversation as to why he didn't tell me he had a girlfriend. That actually went really well. I have missed Bryce so much, and even though I thought it might be awkward and not like old times, I was wrong. We picked back up like we just saw each other 2 days ago, instead of 2 years.
Heather and I ate breakfast in the dining room and then Heather was on-duty, so we hung out on some steps for an hour or so and just talked. It was extremely nice--chill and just what I needed. I got to wear my Chacos pretty much the entire weekend, got some sun--and no sun burn, go me! It was also just super-nice to hang out with Heather. She knows me really well and there is no judgment, you know?
Again, let me reiterate: this weekend was exactly what I needed. I am tired, but I'll get a good night's sleep tonight and then I have one more week left at work. Hallelujah.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.