Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Finished!!!!!

I have officially finished my book! I wrote the very last word at about 9:30, Monday night. And immediately felt relieved and scared at the same time, because my buffer is gone. Now we'll find out if it's any good or not....I'm nervous.
I emailed my agent with the good news and now have to put it all into the official formatting. This will take some time, so I have taken tomorrow off of work to get all my affairs in order with this thing. I have the synopsis to write--the most important, scariest part of all of this. The synopsis is what the editors will look at before (hopefully) requesting to read my manuscript.
So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can do this.
Did I mention how relieved I am to finally be done? I thought it would never happen...as the deadline stretched and grew and disappeared into the horizon in front of me, I thought I would be working on it forever.
Forever is a long time.
I am excited to start this process, however nervous I am at the same time.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Any chance of a sneak peak at the manuscript???

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.