Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Home Sweet Montana

Ahhhhh. It is good to be back home in Montana. Although there are parts of the interesting and beautiful in Wyoming, I don't dig it. Montana feels like home. It's not really the landscape, because there are similar scenes outside the window almost everywhere I've gone, but Montana has the sky. That wide open sky, from horizon to horizon. I guess that could also be because it's flat, all those half-emptiers would say.
I miss my boys like crazy already. Especially Kameron, who will not remember me when I see him again next. He'll be older and scared of me. Right now, he likes me and always smiles when I come into the room--or his line of sight. At least Kaelan will remember me.
I am also not sure I enjoy unpacking. I am just bad at it. Partially due to being lazy, of course.
Oh, I almost forgot--my car is no longer broken!!!!! Although giving up the nice rental car was a pain. I am now seriously considering buying a Jetta. Don't tell my car.
We headed to Helena yesterday, as it was Brandt's 24th birthday. He looks worn out. I think he does 24 hour fire shifts, teaches aircraft rescue, and works ambulence and ER shifts--which leaves him like one day off a week or something crazy like that. I am proud of him, but I worry he'll burn out.
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my second pair of Chacos. I wish I were going somewhere this summer that would allow them to be my main footware. Instead I'll be in sneakers and socks and have massive tan lines yet again. Ah well. Such is the nature of the beast--or Bryn Mawr.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.