Monday, May 19, 2008

Love and Cheating

Chaco Love
My car is finally being fixed. I now have a rental car.
I feel like I'm cheating on my car with a much younger guy. Yes, my car is a dude--just because it's maroon doesn't mean it isn't a guy. The one I'm driving currently is a 2007 Grand Prix--white, I might add. Quite sporty and has some amazing get-up-and-go, but like I said, I feel like I'm being disloyal to my car, so I'm trying not to enjoy it too much.
I heard back from my agent today--apparently the next phase of this whole deal will take at least 30 days before they get a response. Oh the joys of waiting.
I love my Chacos so much. I don't ever want to not wear them. After a winter of wearing sneakers, putting on my Chacos again was amazing. I wore them all last weekend and my feet are so happy to see their old buddies again. So I'm wearing them to work everyday this week, I have just decided. After all, they have sat in their little box all winter waiting for me to put them back on again. They make me happy. They make my feet happy.
I am currently reading a book called Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, by Mary Roach. Fascinating. My cadaver experience is limited to one trip to the anatomy lab in college with Josh, but I have always thought I might have missed my calling in life to be a forensic pathologist. Anyway, this book is teaching me so much, while satisfying my morbid curiosity about what things look like. I highly recommend it.
I read a fantastic quote today while I was browsing at Waldenbooks. It was: "Answer to a question: Do you like Kipling? I don't know, I've never been kippled." I guess maybe you had to be there.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.