Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Color War End

Green won Color War for the 3rd summer in a row! The Final Fight was pretty spectacular--a giant hotdog on the green's team was beating up on Batman, Spiderman, Superman, and a pirate. Who knew hotdogs were so butch?
We have cleaning today and packing tomorrow. My least favorite days of camp. It just seems to take forever...but it isn't as hot as it normally is, so that won't be an issue. It has been freezing here. Last night on OD I was again wearing layer upon layer.
I have packed most of my stuff already. I'm on a bus to Westchester at 9 AM Friday morning, so I won't have time to pack much then. All my last minute stuff is still out, but it will get stuffed into my bags Thursday night. I will be flying home in my uniform--and I am perfectly ok with that.
It is going to be so sad to say goodbye to everyone. I am already prepping for the tears.
I am tired from having 61 girls to look after and feeling extremely run down. I woke up this morning with a sore throat--does not bode well. I am pushing the vitamins and the Cold-Eeze already. I can't afford to feel like crap on the last 2 days. I need to be present right now.
One of my girls got hit in the eye with a baseball bat during Apache relay a couple days ago--the result of a couple PDs who have checked out already and don't believe they need to supervise anymore. I was so mad. Her poor little eye is swollen shut and her glasses are a tad on the broken side.
We have late sleep tomorrow!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.