Friday, August 29, 2008

Germany

I am finally in Germany. After an entire day of flying--which equals a day and a night with the time difference. I started the trek at 8:55 AM and ended at 7:30 AM Germany time the next day. Other than a leg that is absolutely killing me and hurts to walk on, I'm ok. A wee bit tired, but I took a 4 hour nap today. I didn't want to do anymore because I need to get my body adjusted to the time difference. It is currently 9 PM here and I am ready for bed.
Other than being completely clueless about every conversation that takes place around me--unless it is in English--I'm enjoying it thus far. We are staying with Kat's dad and his wife and they have a beautiful home. I'm a little afraid to use anything though, in case I get it dirty. My bedroom and bathroom are immaculate and I worry about actually using the bathroom! White marble and gleaming fixtures... having my own shower will be great, though.
So thus far I have some observations. The cars here are little--there are quite a few of those that look like the kind circuses can cram 15 clowns into. And they drive at incredible speeds, all while following too closely and breaking in a manner that throws you against your seat restraint. Yikes! The village we drove through to get to Kat's dad's house had the tiny, European style street and old quaint houses. I'll include pictures later.
Kaelan and I played a game of soccer tonight after dinner. He's getting pretty good at kicking!
More later, with pictures!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.