Friday, August 08, 2008

Unexpected Setbacks

Color War is here and that means a very chill, hang out time with my girls. Except now my co GL had to go to the ER last night and won't be back for a couple days, if at all. Which leaves me with 61 little girls to be responsible for. I am not too worried, actually. I know the job well, I know the girls well, and they all like me. Also, it is Color War, which is so chill and laid back. If it was regular programs, I would be stressing right about now. Also, I have so many people to help me out if I need it. I am worried about Kara, my co, though. I hope she's going to be ok.
I played in the staff basketball game yesterday and my knee is telling me how stupid that was as we speak. I had to wear my brace today and it is all swollen. I just finished icing it and it feels a little bit better, but it is still pretty sore and feels tight.
Less than one week left.
Today I judged for the Junior Color War Gym meet. It was so much fun. Bill told all the girls that in 2005 I was the Pan-American Games 3rd place winner for Beam and not only did they buy it, I have had staff coming up to me all day telling me how cool that was and why wasn't I working in the gym? I told them it was because of my knee injury. After having a good laugh about it inwardly, I told them that Bill always tells people that. If you ask, I also hold the most records in the gym for flips and giants on the bars. It made me laugh, though. I wish I were a gymnist!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.