Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer?

What happened to summer?
It isn't here at LBMC, that's for sure. It has been so cold the past week! Since August started, it feels as though summer has peaced. It has been either raining and cold or just windy and cold--and OD is killing me! I froze last night--I was wearing a T-shirt, a long sleeve T-shirt, a sweatshirt, a jacket, and jeans and I still froze!
We are in our last few days of Color War and then will move into packing and cleaning. I am on a bus to Westchester, NY, for Friday morning. We are all already getting weepy about having to leave each other. I am so tired and ready to go, AND I will miss everyone here like crazy.
Good thing I was offered that job to work Conference Center here. I would start in October and work until December. I think if I like it, I could come back for spring through summer again. I'm not sure how I like the idea of living in Honesdale, but I do love Bryn Mawr and I hear Conference is much more chill than camp.
My girls in 11 caught a fish half-way through the summer and have kept him for an early wedding present for Drew and Britton. They named him Mighty Bob Ditterman--a mix of Bob Ditter and Bitterman, I gather. Anyway, he died 3 days ago and Chale, the nature director, woke up early this morning to catch another one and do the switcheroo so they could present Mighty Bob Ditterman (the 2nd) this morning. As you can imagine, Drew and Britton were thrilled. The girls were so excited about it, it was cute. Drew and Britton and I had a good laugh over Mighty Bob (the 2nd) and his story, but there is some concern over his life expectancy rate--which is well-founded, I think.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.