Sunday, June 08, 2008

Perfection

I drove to Helena yesterday to hang out with Brandt. I leave next Friday and he's in Bozeman for training all week, so this was the last day we had before I leave. We went to Bob Wards and I found a pack--a Mountain Hard Wear Drifter that fits me perfectly and is exactly what I was looking for. Then we went on a hike along the river below Hauser Dam--only 4 miles, but it was beautiful. We saw a few snakes and I had a tick on me, but that was ok. There was a stretch of rocks that you walked along, and some wonderful trail crew had laid flat rocks all along there so it was like a little road through there. I would have hated to have to do it, but the result was pretty wonderful and easy to walk on.
Once we got back, Brandt made me sushi. With Ahi tuna and tons of wasabi. Well, he said he put a little bit on mine, but the last one I had definitely had more than a little. I could feel it searing its way up inside my brain. Ouch. Anyway, it wasn't too bad--for sushi.
And now I am home, and the next expedition is to get a watch!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.