Monday, June 30, 2008

Pulmonary Edema

Ok, so it isn't that bad--and yes, I know you can only get that in extreme situations, like at the top of Everest or way deep in the ocean. However, it doesn't change the fact that I feel like crap and pulmonary edema might just feel like the cold I have right now. Who knows.
My voice? Non-existent. I always love losing my voice at camp. Thus far it has been a regular occurrence for all three summers. It is hard to get the attention of 60+ 11 yr olds if you have no voice.
Other than that, things are going well. I have gotten right back into the swing of things here. Being a GL is like riding a bike--you never really forget. I just do things like I did it last summer, and so far so good.
Last night we had a pretty spectacular thunderstorm and rain shower. I was stranded on the porch of 13 with some other GLs and PDs until 11 at night--when we dashed back to our cabin in the rain. I was freezing for 2 hours and adding to that the dash through the rain--I had a fever in the middle of the night. It wasn't too bad, but I didn't sleep very well.
I am feeling ok right now--just extremely hot and my chest hurts. But I'm taking Cold-Eeze like it's going out of style!
I hate paperwork. I've had so much of it lately!
I have discovered how I can get internet in my room. I have to put the computer up against the window--which means resting my foot on the garbage can and the compter on my knee. It gives my other leg quite the work-out, I'll tell you what, but at least I don't have to dash down to the bunker all the time!
I'll keep you up to speed on the biological warfare that is being waged in my body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually jess you can get pulmonary edema just walking around. If your heart starts to fail your lungs fill up with blood and fluid. Not fun I hear.
Bub

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.