Monday, September 15, 2008

Castle Manderscheid

Yesterday we were at Kat's grandparents' house in Landscheid. During that time, I got to go on a spectacular mushroom hunting trip, where I learned that I don't know squat about which mushrooms are acceptable to eat. However, Kat's dad pointed out that every mushroom can be eaten at least once--and if it was the wrong mushroom, well, you'll never eat it again. I got incredibly muddy and wet on that trip, but we did find tons of mushrooms and I am glad to say that they know what they were looking for.

Then we drove to another castle that is nearby, called Castle Manderscheid. It was probably my favorite, for the express reason that they let me crawl all over it! I loved being able to explore every inch. Plus, it was the most medieval looking of all the castles we have seen.

View from the overlook at Castle Manderscheid. There is another tower higher up, but we didn't bother walking to it.

A replica of the castle--I don't know if they made it for a map, or what, but it is old! And very cool.

The view from the top of the highest tower toward the bottom. I loved being able to climb to the very top! And you get in for only 2 e, which is so good compared to the other entry fees we've been paying.

Today we are going back to Mannheim to meet some friends of Kat, and then we are just going to hang out there. Afterwards, we will be packing!

We are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning--7:30 the airport shuttle will come pick us up. We fly out at 10:40--which is like 2:40 AM MST back in America. We get into Detroit at 2:30 in the afternoon and then have 2 more flights to look forward after that. I hate long flights.

And then I will be home!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.