Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sci-Fi and Birds

The other day we climbed up a big hill to see the view from the top. They are building this huge horizon-detector thing at the top, and it looks all sci-fi and space-age. Or like the beginnings of an out of control roller coaster. Or, wait, have you ever seen that Jody Foster movie? Contact! It looks like the thing she sits in, with the rings spinning out from it. Well, at any rate, here's a picture of it.
And I gather the point of it is to pinpoint the exact location of the stars. Anyway, it was pretty cool, and the hill afforded a sweet view. It was incredibly windy up there!

You could either climb straight up via stairs, or take the windy stroller-bike-jogging path. We did a bit of both. Kameron sat in his stroller and after climbing half way up the hill on the path, Kaelan and I took the stairs. Whoo! That could get you into shape quick. I was feeling the burn in my legs. We had a nice picnic lunch up there and then climbed back down.

After that--which was one of my favorite things that we have done so far, my love of castles notwithstanding--we went to a little petting zoo. Everything there was fat! Fat little goats, fat peacocks, really fat monkeys, fat piggies, etc. I would say that they are well-fed. It was fun. We went into the birdhouse and it was amazing! You stand inside with the birds and they are swooping all over the place, dive-bombing your head. So loud in there! In a good way. No one got pooped on, so that was lucky. There are every type of bird imaginable in there--morning doves, sparrows, parrots, cornish game hens that can't fly, finches, and tons of others that I don't know the names of but like to look at. I posted a video of what it was like to be in there.

It was a good day.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.