Sunday, September 14, 2008

Food

I am a little bit ready to come home. I am going to miss seeing castles and Roman ruins--and I am not looking forward to that loooong flight. However, I am pretty excited about hearing English again and knowing what everyone around me is talking about. I feel like the only person in the room who doesn't get the joke over here. I have become really good at tuning out German completely--I barely hear anyone talking now, because I'm so used to it never being to me and it always being in a language I don't understand!
Another thing I am excited about returning to America for? Food! The food over here has been good--I haven't starved. And I really like the ice cream and the pastries. The rest of it, though, is a bit strange and makes me feel homesick. And I think I'm done eating sandwiches for quite a long time.
I am excited for microwave popcorn, for yogurt that I recognize, for our 2 gallon milk containers, for cold drinks and not lukewarm ones, for cheddar cheese--it doesn't exist here. I am also really excited about being able to read the signs and to know what the heck I'm supposed to do, even in a strange situation.
We went to another castle today and it was probably my favorite--it was the most medieval and even though it wasn't completely standing, you could climb all over it! I loved that part. I'll put up pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.