Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's Over

My Lake Bryn Mawr summer 09 is officially over...

I flew in last night at 11:10, after an extremely bumpy ride--so turbulent, in fact, that it was kind of scary. There was lightning outside the plane and the guy sitting next to me was so freaked out that I stopped listening to my Ipod so that I could calm him down. We talked about the vacation he was going on--he and his wife, who was sitting two rows behind us, were going to Glacier and up into Banff. That seemed to work, but every 10 minutes or so we would hit a really rough patch and be tossed around. It was starting to make me feel a bit unsteady, which never happens to me on an airplane, but the dude was starting to make me nervous by being so nervous himself. Needless to say, I was glad to get off that plane.

Saying goodbye to everyone at camp was just as hard this summer as last summer. I cried a lot. It isn't fun to say goodbyes. I will miss everyone like crazy. However, the best part of Bryn Mawr is picking up exactly where we all left off the next time we see each other, like 10 months haven't passed. It was hard to say goodbye to my girls in 14 and 12. They all hugged me and cried. I was pretty much over 15, so I didn't even mind seeing them leave. Is that bad to say? It is how I feel. I was sad to say goodbye to Livvy, though.

The bus ride was good. The girls were really good--there was one pucker, and she made it into the garbage bag so I didn't have to clean. The parents picked up their kids and peaced, so there was no stress there. And then the driver picked us up early and we didn't have to wait for an hour! It was great. He drove us right through New York, so we got to see the city. We made good time to the airport. I did get stuck paying an exorbitant fee for my bags, but I was so ready to get out of there at this point that I didn't even care. I met up with the same group as last summer and we all sat at McDonald's with red eyes, extremely tired, hating life...and didn't want to leave each other when it came time to go. I was on the same flight as Tanya and Erica, so that was good.

And now I am home, and I washed all my laundry because it smelled really bad. Then I will pack up again and head to Casper to see my boys!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.