Monday, August 03, 2009

Rainy Days, UFO Chasers, Lane Judging and Benny and the Jets

UFO chasers for Carnival...I was applying for the position of Galactic Ambassador, but you can't read my plate from here
Getting my palm read at Carnival--check out my sweet face paint by Aaron!

Yes, I am wearing a toga--and my tinfoil hat is amazing. Check out the height!


Enjoying some pretzel and showing off the face paint!
Carnival was yesterday--and it poured! It was the first carnival in my 4 summers at camp that had to be indoors. Boo! And at the same time, we made the best of it and the kids had a good time. And I loved loved loved my face paint that Aaron did and my carnival costume, which was basically a toga with a sweet tinfoil hat. I also added a plate advertising the fact that I was applying for a job as Galactic Ambassador. Everyone else went tinfoil-crazy, but I wore exactly what I would wear were I to actually be a UFO-obsessed individual, complete with the advertisement.
Today Gary Brown asked me to be a lane judge for the swim meet. Of course I said yes! I have never actually done that before, but I figured I'm a reasonably intelligent individual. How hard can it be? Harder than it sounds, let me tell you! It was a little bit stressful at times, trying to figure out who came in what order--especially with 8 teams and some of the older girls being right on top of each other. But I never screwed up! I had a good time.
Tonight Anita and I went to eat at this random little diner/restaurant in Honesdale. It came complete with mini quarter-jukeboxes in your booth. Anita was messing around with it and ours starting playing, at a very loud volume, Rod Stewart. We were getting some dirty looks from the poor diner-goers of Honesdale who were trying to eat and not appreciating Rod Stewart blasting into their dinners. Ooops. There was just one problem...we couldn't get it to turn off! I was semi-embarrassed, but Anita just pulled out a quarter and said we had to redeem ourselves after that song. So what else could we pick but Benny and the Jets?? We rocked out to that song and I saw quite a few people nodding happily along with Elton. Much better than Rod!
On another note, I have a new counselor in 15, a former Bunk 1 camper who left in 05, which was the year before I came to Bryn Mawr. She seems like a cool kid.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.