Sunday, July 18, 2010

Explanation

How about I give a little background information as to why receiving my Angel should make me so happy?

Ok, that's what I thought.

Here we go: Our girls at Bryn Mawr are referred to as "Bryn Mawr Angels" and the Angel is on all our logos. I suppose you'd call it our mascot. :) Anyway, every Bunk One girl gets her Angel--which is a silver Angel necklace pendant--at the beginning of her Bunk One summer and not before. For staff, if it is your 5th summer you get your own silver Angel necklace pendant. The Angel is something that all the girls look up to and strive to receive--a super special reminder of all that you've done and all that you've worked for to reach this stage. Seeing how reverent all the little girls are about these necklaces, you definitely come to see it as more than what it is, even as a staff member. I didn't really get the significance of it until after my first summer here, but now I am super happy and excited to be included in the 'wearing of the Angel'. I didn't cry, but it was close.

And I shall include a picture of me wearing my Angel sometime soon.

Cheers!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.