Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lions and Tigers and...Woodchucks

We went for a hike yesterday with all the Upper Juniors. Our original all-day hike at the Promised Lands was cancelled due to weather so this one was rescheduled as a baby hike to the Hundred Acre Woods from 10 until lunchtime. I was ok with that. We were going to do some berry picking and that is always fun. Once there, the boys had the girls 'snipe hunting' like they always do--when it got really quiet and the adventure/trek guys decided to split up and have the girls all do 'hoo rahs' while they walked in front. Come to find out, a woodchuck had been spotted.

Woodchuck=bear.

In this case it was a black bear that was also berry picking and we happened to come upon it. The girls had no clue. The boys handled it very well. Gil showed me the spot where it had been lying down and eating the berries. We proceeded to pick berries and made it back without any further mishaps.

I do enjoy life at camp!

Last night was square dancing. It was fun. I learned a Jamaican line dance that I am totally going to teach the boys because they would love it! Especially Kaelan. Of course, he and Kameron would want to add some booty dance to it because that is their signature move.

3 weeks left, people, and then I see you all!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.