Thursday, July 15, 2010

JCSD, the Blob, Food Coma!

JCSD was on Tuesday--a whopping 2 weeks earlier than it normally is. And boy did that ever make a difference. The problem is that the first 2 weeks of camp are so busy that we didn't really get a jump on planning like we normally do. We had decided the theme should be video games before the girls got here, but that was about it. By the time we got around to planning it and really setting all the events in motion, we were like 2 days away. Not a good thing, for multiple reasons. We did not do a half-ass job, though--everything was done very thoroughly. We just didn't get it to people with enough time. We got called on it and consequently Heather and I cried. We had been working on that soooo hard and we were completely wrapped up in the whole situation and stressed to the max. We had filmed the break with Matt--I was Luigi, Heather was Mario. You'll have to check out the video on the website if you have that log-in. Anyway, we eventually got everything in the right order and the day went off with an actual rainy day plan that worked well. It was probably my least favorite JCSD ever. Except for our T-shirts! They were a stencil of the fireflower from Super Mario with "This Is Why I'm Hot" under it. So awesome! Heather did an amazing job screen-printing our shirts for us.

I went to the lake today with my girls in Bunk 13 and was the celebrity blobber off the Aqua jump. The very first blob I did I landed hard on my bad wrist and saw stars--quite literally. I felt my face go white and everyone asked if I was ok. I just crawled back up on the jump and shook it off. I did a second blob and then swam back to the dock with one arm up in the air. It feels much better now. It just did not like that jamming action.

On a completely unrelated note, I watched Knight and Day with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz last week and LOVED it! If you haven't seen it, you should.

Tonight I am doing a Counselor Appreciation Party at 10:30 on Cabin Row. I was off tonight and went to Wal-Mart, where I purchased massive quantities of junk food. Their requests? Double-Stuff Oreos with frosting to dip them in and anything with peanut butter. Ok then. I complied, with some soft cookies thrown in for Jess, my Co-GL, who does not like store-bought cookies unless they are from the bakery.

One of my girls met with Bob Ditter today. I am very impressed with Bob. I feel as though he should make a T-shirt that says "I dropped the rope, I've got money in the bank...AND..." on the front, with "I've been Ditterized" on the back. It would be a money maker!

Still no angel. Sad. Maybe tomorrow night?

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.