Friday, July 09, 2010

Heat Wave

It has been soooo hot here! Starting probably the 5th and going up until yesterday, when it finally, blissfully, broke. We had almost in the 100s with plus plus plus humidity these past 4 days and everyone has been cranky, uncomfortable, sweaty, sunburned, and just plain OVER IT!! I had a day off on Tuesday due to the girls going to Dorney Park and it was glorious--if a bit hot. We watched the new Tom Cruise movie and ate non-camp food. Wednesday and Thursday were long days of trying to go in the water as often as possible and avoid sunburns. I have been in the lake so much that I still smell faintly of lake water--after 2 showers?? Yeah, that's lovely. And yesterday while on the surfboards with my bunk 13 and Heather, something tried to swim up my lifejacket! I moved back a little bit in the water and felt it give me a good buffet in the middle of my back--much like those giant Tarpin did in the Grand Caymens, except they were almost 4 feet long and probably weighed 100 pounds or better. This was just a little something. I am hoping it was a fish and not a snake. Eww, I don't even want to think about it if it was a snake. Anyway, after that lake experience the heat started to break and we got some rain about dinner time. Lovely! Our evening activity was a GL night that Jess and I had planned. She was off so I ran it. It was themed skits in a bag and our girls had so much fun. They did a really great job with their skits. Then I sat OD until 10:30, actually got cold on OD, hallelujah, and Beau brought me a social cookie! I was so excited about that. I had been wanting one all evening. Social cookies, by the way, are the cookies they serve for the Senior Camp socials with whatever boys' camp is here. I ate my social cookie and went to bed. And today is also hot, but not as hot--there is a bit of a breeze, at least. Off tomorrow!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.