Thursday, August 09, 2007

Almost...

Packing day has arrived. Yesterday we cleaned and it was miserable. It was so hot and humid. I think I lost about 5 pounds from all the sweat. Gross.
Last night was the final shindig at Dan and Jane's. It was fun. They fed us way too much, per usual. I walked back early with Charlotte because everyone else was off and drinking and we don't drink--we were on duty, as well, even if we didn't have to go back to cabin row. It was still nice, though, to look around the room and see all the leadership staff that I have worked with so closely this summer. They are all amazing people and I will miss the comradeship we built.
Today I am not looking forward to packing. I think it will go quick once it starts...or so I am hoping. There is a lovely cool breeze at present, so if only the humidity will hold off!!! It is supposed to be 84 degrees--which is 29 in Celsius, thank you to all those Canadians for teaching me the Celsius scale--so that is hot, but if it isn't humid, I can handle it.
Tomorrow we leave! I will be out of here by noon and then Heather and I have a date with our camp 'mom'. Charlotte drives back to Illinois, so we are going to have lunch and put off the crying as much as possible. It will be sad. I'm going to miss everyone.
I have been asked back for next summer--and I have been told that I'm going to be a lower junior GL for as long as I want to be back, which I like. I enjoy my job very much. So I won't be sad for long because I know that my adventures at Bryn Mawr are not finished. There will be many more.
3-year water bottle, here I come!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.