Friday, August 17, 2007

Home at Last

I made it! I survived my summer trip once again, and once again, it feels as though it flew by! I can't believe another Bryn Mawr summer is over. Looking at it in hindsight, it feels like parts are in fast-forward.
My travels home went well. I was tired, having arisen at 5. I also had to buy a bigger suitcase to get all my stuff home and then had to pay 25 dollars because the suitcase exceeded the weight limit. It was worth a curse, but definitely my own fault.
I made it through security without any extra searches, which is a miracle! I had all my ceramics in my carry-on and they commented on the amount I had, but I was waved through, unlike the elderly couple in front of me who had to open up every piece of carry-on they brought. They looked extremely unhappy, to use an understatement.
My flights were good. I got a window every time, which makes me happy. I sat in Minneapolis for 3 hours, but I read and people-watched, so it didn't feel too long.
And then, finally, I was home! It is so brown over here--dry and smoky, from the all the fires going on. Definitely a switch from where I've been all summer. Over in New York and PA it is green and humid, always. Still, I am happy to be with my family.
Brandt came home after he got off shift and he's been here ever since. I think he's due to roll out of here later today. It was so great to see him! I miss Brandt. He's always doing something work-related these days and I never get to talk to him much. We took a trip to Choteau in his truck--my second time riding in it. I like that I have to jump to get up in the cab.
Thank you for keeping up with my summer adventures! I am going to continue this thing year-round until the next Bryn Mawr summer and I hope you'll join me!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.