Wednesday, August 01, 2007

We Want Color War!!!

The break was tonight.
It was frankly amazing.
It was down on Wembley, and the first thing you saw when you came around the corner was a 36-ft long castle that was 12 feet high. It looked so good. Nancy and I were the peasants patrolling the top, which was a tad sketchy and wobbly. I was afraid they were going to bang on it or knock into it and then down we would go with a wooden castle atop. Anyway, peasants from the gold team stormed our castle--we were green, obviously--and they killed the peasants out front. Two retreated inside the castle and shut the drawbridge, and then the other peasants battered it down with a huge tree ram. It was so scary when they slammed the drawbridge! I just held my breath and clung to the top. Nothing happened, fortunately. Then some knights came dashing in and our green knights came out to defend. Nancy and I threw 'rocks' and I have no idea what all down on the attacking knights and then we just ducked below and watched the rest. They shot flaming arrows and everything. After quite a lengthy battle, they retreated and the king and queen rode out on horses to announce color war!
We had a fireworks show that was incredible. I have never seen some of the fireworks we had. They were very Harry Potter-esque, some of them. Amazing!
It was a chilly evening, but my peasant garb kept me quite warm and toasty. It also provided a good knee cushion for me to kneel on. Climbing back down the scaffolding was interesting...I got my foot stuck once, but I didn't fall and break anything.
Tomorrow is my very last day off. That is so strange. We have one week left. I can't believe it.
Color war is always relaxing, so I'm looking forward to everything. It sort of smooths over any rough patches the girls have been having.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.