Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Business

One of my counselors was moved today. She is no longer a counselor, just a buddy counselor in senior camp now, which means they didn't want to fire her but had no other place to put her. She had to be moved out of the bunk. It is a horrid situation.
The girls were screwing around during the alma mater and the counselor separated them, which caused the girl to trip on the bleacher. The counselor kept her from falling, but the girl wrote home and parents got involved. I know that she didn't mean anything by it--but she touched a kid. She touched a kid, the parents got involved, and she had to be terminated. We fought for her, which is why she isn't going home right now. Not cool, though. She's so upset. I hate that business has to take preference.
In my heart, I'm not so sure it was the right decision. In my head, I have to admit that yes, she did touch a kid and it was rough, and the business says that no child will be touched that way. Dan doesn't know any of my counselors. He made the call solely on the guidelines of how he runs his camp. It was Marjori and Jane who told him that she is a good counselor and that she didn't mean anything by it, which is why she is still here today.
On a happy note, color war breaks tonight. I'm off but coming back so that I can take my place atop the castle. I'm very excited.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.