Sunday, August 05, 2007

Little Things

Yesterday was hot again. I was all sweaty and tired through most of it, but after lunch I was able to take a period off and relax. I was tired because we'd had phone calls and Jenny Caine had a tour which meant I took all her bunks again. I have all 5 more often than not lately, and while I don't mind, it does really wipe me out. It is nice to get time off to just be in where it's cool and where I don't have to run a game or watch 57 10-yr olds. So the period off was delightful and completely recharged my batteries.
At dinner Drew told me I was one of his favorite GLs and that made my day. Drew is awesome.
It was Rope Burn and Kettle Boil last night, not my favorite color war activity, for the simple fact that it takes so blasted long. You just sit and watch. Of course there is cheering, but holy buckets. Waiting for a kettle to boil and then for the fire to burn through 3 ropes is not the most stimulating experience.
I had fun last night, in spite of all that. I hung out with Jenny Caine and then my counselors afterwards, and it was just nice. It really brought it home to me that I am excited to leave, but there is so much about Bryn Mawr I am going to miss. The bonds you form here are truly amazing.
I guess it is the little things that make my day, really, all those things that don't seem very exciting at the time but when I look back on the day during my prayers I realize just how happy I really am. Just how blessed I really am.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.