Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Dunk Tank Update

I was right. The dunk tank is scary and very ancient. I was the guinea pig because the seat wasn't sticking and we were trying to figure it out. And after one sit down on the seat, ants came boiling out of there. It was incredibly, incredibly, fear-factorish. Drew kept telling me to quit being a wuss and sit on there. Now, as you all probably know, I don't have a problem with ants. I am actually rather fond of them in general. But there was no way I was going to sit in a pile of them and wait to be dumped into that tank. No way. So finally Max was on my side and we got Drew to hose the ants off. Into the water below, but I guess you can't have everything. Then they proceeded to dump me 3 times just to test it out. The water was freezing! You had to be careful not to lean too far back or the seat would hit you in the back on the way down, but you couldn't lean too far forward or you would fall off and the metal on the edge of the seat would take off a layer of thigh on the way. You had to keep your arms in or you would bang them on the edges of the wood. You had to keep your legs straight or you would bang your shins on the edges of the tank. And hoisting yourself out was fun, let me tell you. Every time I would sit on that seat, it would just be horrible, waiting to be dropped. And I have lots of owies now. A layer is missing from my elbow--rather reminiscent of that volleyball dive I took on the rubber track that time in high school. I'm going to have a nice scab over that. It stings like whoa. I hurt my ankle from landing awkwardly at the bottom. I scraped my thigh on the metal and it's bleeding. I have bruises all over my legs, and I took the seat in the kidney because I wasn't leaning far enough forward. In other words, ouch! No more dunk tank for Jessie.
I also burned my hand on the rubber pirate ship bouncy slide. Carnival was just painful for me this year. I went on one of those obstacle course bouncy races with Emily and I schooled her. I came out the end and landed on my back and said, "I think I won!" And the guy in charge looked down at me and said, "I think you won by a lot...she's not even over the top yet!" And then here she came, ankles over teakettle, right down the slide. It was fun. We went on the big slide but that just left patches of upper leg on the slide itself. We needed gunny sacks to slide down, like they have at the fair for those rides.
Still, carnival was fun this year. I'm tired, but looking forward to evening activity.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.