Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harry Potter Excitement

Ahh for a much needed day off! I had last night off, as well, and that was doubly wonderful. Yesterday I ended up going into the lake fully clothed. Heather came with me to the lake with my girls from Bunk 21. I must say, they are my favorites--in spite of the fact that I know I shouldn't have favorites. Those girls are just so full of fun and they all get along, which amazes me. The other two bunks really are good girls too, but I can't help but love my Bunk 21 a bit more than the rest. I am constantly in 19 or 20 for one thing or another, but 21 is where I would like to be all the time, so I guess it does balance out. Anyway, Heather came down to get in some play time, and we were kayaking with the girls. That meant that of course our butts were wet anyway. So when they brought out the huge surfboards for a free swim...the temptation to stand on them was just too much. So Heather, the counselor in 21, Emily, and myself hopped on them as well. We all were able to stand, except Emily who did a nice belly flop in the attempt. Heather and I didn't end up going in on our stands, which was nice--slack-lining improves the balance! A couple of my girls returning from their soccer win decided to be pirates and take over my surfboard, thus rendering me in the water. The walk back up was wet and delightful.
We went out for breakfast today and watched Harry Potter: The Order of the Phoenix. I liked it. I had been hearing it was all dark and scary, but I don't think so. Not anymore so than the huge snake in the second one, or even the werewolf in the 3rd. Everyone here is speculating about the book coming soon...can't wait to read it. I myself have mixed opinions. I am looking forward to it, but in true Harry Potter geek-dom, am also going to be a little sad because it is all over.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.