Monday, July 09, 2007

New Shoes

There is nothing better than being able to wake up whenever you feel like it, as opposed to something blaring in your ear--aka, an alarm clock. This morning I didn't have to be up at any specific time and I was able to wake up naturally. No, that isn't entirely true--reveille played at 8 and that woke me. However, I didn't have to get out of bed for reveille or be anywhere. I truly enjoyed that.
Today was my day off. Heather and I headed into Honesdale and slack-lined for a couple hours. I was enjoying just being able to stand on it, after 3 weeks of not doing it. I didn't get very far across it, but I could stand on it without a problem.
I also did my laundry and had a very interesting conversation with the new laundromat owners, Bob and Annie. They are from New York City, know about Bryn Mawr, and were quite fun to talk to.
I bought new sneakers. Have you ever noticed how prevalent it is to call them 'tennis shoes'? I don't know if it is a West coast thing or what, but I have always called sneakers 'tennis shoes'. Over here, if you say 'tennis shoes', you are referring to the shoes you wear on the court. If I were to tell my girls to put on their tennis shoes, they would tell me they don't have tennis today and give me a very strange look, like 'my GL has lost her mind'. Anyway, enough digressing. The point is that I bought new sneakers and because I couldn't choose between the Sauconys or the New Balances, I bought both. It was fabulous to try them both on, one on each foot--almost like a hug for my feet. They fit together very well. I think they could have been a pair in another shoe lifetime. My feet deserve a little pampering once in a while. I especially like my toes. They are now painted green, in celebration of life in general.
We finished the day off by going to Scranton and eating at Panera. I love their sandwiches. The paninis are delightful.
I am rocking a sock tan line.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.